We are pleased to announce that the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club will begin its 2015-2016 indoor inline skating program on Monday November 2nd 2015. Doors will open at 7:30pm and skating will begin at 8pm and finish at 9:30pm. The season will come to a close on March 28th 2016. Skating will be held weekly- Mondays 8pm to 9:30pm with doors open at 7:30pm.
Please plan to arrive for 7:30pm and be ready to help out. We need 6 volunteers to help with set up: four people to clean the floor (1 to mix vinegar & water and one to put up protective mats while 2 dry mop on skates, immediately followed by four to dry-mop and vinegar). It is impossible to start skating at 8pm unless we have volunteers who arrive early and immediately start with preparing the floor.
- Helmets are mandatory. Additional protective equipment (wrist guards, knee and elbow pads) is recommended but not mandatory.
- Members are required to be registered with Roller Sports Canada (RSC). You can register here: http://rollersports.ca/registration/
- The program will start with a focus on safety, how to safely skate in groups/ safe passing/ getting passed safely, and track pattern.
- For now, the program is open to those who are able to stand and are stable on skates, can start rolling on their own, are able to hop/ jump over small obstacles, and able to turn right and left.
The complete fee structure will be published this week on this website. Also, I plan on updating the website with this year’s information later this week.
PASS IT ON, GET THE WORD OUT: If you know anyone you think could be interested in skating with the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club, please pass along this message.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are always looking for volunteers to help with running and managing the Club. If you’re willing to help in any capacity, please get in touch with me by replying to this e-mail. Areas where volunteers are required include running programs, coordinating set-up and clean-up, website management, promotion of the club, communications with members, registration and check-in (paper work), coordinating members for attending competitions. We need the skating community to step-up and take initiative and ownership because running a Club (as well as with most parts of this sports) relies almost exclusively on volunteer contributions.
The Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club closed its 2014-2015 season on Monday March 22nd. The Club aims to resume in the Fall of 2015.
The Toronto Inline Skating Club will likely start its 2015 outdoor skating season on April 9th.
The Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club will not hold a training session on Monday March 16th 2015 due to March Break.
Only three more practices are left for the 2014-2015 indoor season!
The Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club will not hold a training session on Monday February 16th 2015 due to Family Day.
Please note the Scooter’s Speed Club won’t run practices or programs on December 22nd and the 29th due to Holiday public skating sessions. We’ll see you January 5th 2015.
The 2014-2015 season for the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club begins Monday, December 1st. Doors open at 7:30pm, and skating will be from 8pm to 9:30pm. Please arrive early to help set-up.
- Membership Form
- Club wavier (mandatory for membership)
- Rink waiver (mandatory for everyone- members & guests)
- Guest form and waiver (mandatory for guests- limit of two guest passes)
You will be required to pay two fees to join and are required to be registered with Roller Sports Canada:
- Club fee: one person ($20), family of two ($37), family of 3+ ($51, and $17 for every addtional family ember)
* this money goes to pay for vinegar, club fees for joining Roller Sports Canada, safety equipment, gear for practice such as cones, brooms, and mops
- Rink fee: Package A (18 sessions @ $252), Package B (10 sessions @ $155) , Package C (5 sessions @ $82.50), D (guest pass @ $20, limit of two guest passes)
Please bring cash or cheque with you. Cheques must be payable to the Scooter’s Skate Club.
The 2014-2015 program will aim to help skaters with speed, fitness, technique, and race strategy. This is not a session for beginners. You must be able to turn, come to a stop, and start rolling on your own, and be stable on skates
You will be required to sign a waiver and complete registration form. These will be available on site.
The Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club will begin its 2014-2015 season on Monday, December 1st. Skate times will be 8pm to 9:30pm. Doors open at 7:30am.
With declining attendance & membership and increased fees, the Club will start its season with one session per week, on Mondays.
Please visit the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club for additional deals (cost structure, membership requirements) which should be online by this weekend.
Hi all indoor skaters!
Our 2014/2015 indoor season is still pending approval of the venue. Stay tuned to this space and we’ll update you on the details for this season as soon as we have more information.
You can also follow the Toronto Inline Skating Club, facebook page to get the latest news.
See you soon!