Winter Skating At Scooter’s: Survey, TISC Party RSVP for November 5th (Saturday), Call for Volunteers
WINTER SKATING AT SCOOTER’S- IMPORTANT SURVEY
Alain Quintard and I met with Scooter’s Roller Palace management this past Thursday to discuss rink availability and costs associated to booking the rink to run an indoor winter skating program for the Scooter’s Indoor Speed club. We had a fruitful discussion, agreeing on terms and conditions to operate the Club out of the roller rink.
We’ve been offered days and times listed below as potential skating opportunities. Please let me know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org which of the following days you will definitely commit to skate on. We need to know how many of you WILL skate this winter, as this will dictate fees and allow us to create the best schedule.
This year we will offer a very different fee structure than in years past to skate at the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club. This is necessary because we now have a fixed rate for renting the rink. Given that membership fees are closely linked to the costs of operating the club, and that the largest expense for the club is paying for floor time (roller rink rental), the greater number of skaters who skate at Scooter’s makes for lower fees to skate. If interest is low or insufficient, fees will be higher, and we may need to reconsider skating this winter at Scooter’s.
Please let me know by OCTOBER 25th which of the following times you will skate, including how many days per week you’d like and what your preferred choices are. If you select Sundays, let me know if you wish to skate on December 25th and January 1st since these days happen to fall on Sundays.
- Sundays 9:30am floor cleaning, skate 10am to 11:30am
- Mondays 7:30pm floor cleaning, skate 8pm to 9:30pm
- Tuesdays 8pm floor cleaning, skate 8:30pm to 10pm
- Wednesdays 9pm floor cleaning, skate 9:30pm to 11pm
Please note the following:
1) A CALL FOR HELP WITH COACHING/ RUNNING PROGRAMS/ INSTRUCTION: We need assistance with running practices- instruction/ coaching/ managing the program. If you’re interesting in, and willing to lend a hand with this, please let me know by e-mailing me at email@example.com. You’ll be offered assistance & support, and may possibly be compensated.
2) Cancelled practices will be made up either by using the next available time slot in the week, or by adding extra time (30-minutes) to already existing practices. Mondays are prone to a number of cancellations due to the rink booking Winter Holiday parties and commercial & photo/ video shoots.
Once I have collected all your responses, we’ll look to offer the most suitable skating times at the best possible cost.
TISC YEAR END PARTY & AWARDS
TISC’s Year End Party & Awards will be held SATURDAY November 5th at 7pm. In a previous communication, I mistakenly wrote Friday November 5th. I am confirming the party will be held on the Saturday the 5th.
Location is 652 Santee Gate, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A2B7. Please confirm your attendance, including what you’ll bring as food for the pot-luck, by contacting Shannon Hegarty at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
We are ALWAYS looking for volunteers to help pitch in to sustain and grow our amazing sport. If you’d like to be involved with TISC and/or Roller Sports Canada in any capacity, please let me know. We need help with promotion, social media outreach, event organization, coaching and instruction programming and delivery, officiating, recruitment. The are numerous ways for you to become involved an a variety of depths in which you can become engaged. Please contact email@example.com and we can discuss how you can become involved!
Always be well,
Peter Doucet- OCT
President- Toronto Inline Skating Club