2010-2011 Season Info & Forms- Skating starts tomorrow, November 1st
Welcome to the 2010-2011 Season at the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club.
Forms: Here are forms you’ll need to fill out and bring if you want to join or you want to skate as a guest. These forms include information on fees. For pdf versions of the file, please use look at the widget on the right-hand-side of this page.
- Membership Form
- Club waiver (for members)
- Club waiver (for guests)
- Club expectations
- Information for 2010-2011 season
- Insurance (Roller Sports Canada)
Season Start & End: The first skate will be held on Monday November 1st and the season will end on Sunday April 3rd.
This year there will be a programme focus at practices. While there is a stated focus for each night, intermediate level skaters are welcome to attend on Wednesdays and are reminded of the intended focus that night.
- Sundays: 10am to 11:30am – Intermediate, advanced & elite focus (A program)
- Sundays: 11:30am to 12:30pm – Children, beginner, novice & intermediate skaters (B program)
- Mondays: 8pm to 9:30pm – Intermediate, advanced & elite focus (A program)
- Wednesdays: 9:30pm to 11pm – Advanced & elite focus (A program)
Signing In: The “Sign in” procedure on the clip board placed on the pool table is used at each practice. Skaters must sign in before going on the floor (skating surface).
Information on Fees: Guest fees are $12 per skate for A program practices & $10 for B program practices. Basic Club Fees have been increased due to the HST & basic rising costs. Practice Passes or “Floor” fees are payable to ‘Scooter’s Roller Palace’. A sliding scale payment based on the month joining club or option to purchase any # of passes is are in place.
- Plan A – full membership
- Plan B- attend 2/3 the total number of practices – use at any skill level practice, any month
- Plan C- attend 1/2 the total number of practices – use at any skill level practice, any month
- Plan D- attend 1/3 the total number of practices – use at any skill level practice, any month
- Plan S- Sundays only, Children, Beginner, Novice & Intermediate levels – one hour – 11am to 12:30pm
Joining the Club: To join or renew membership, please complete the following form:
- Club Membership Form + appropriate fees
- Read & Sign a Club Waiver
- Read & Sign the Scooter’s Roller Rink Waiver.
Guests will need:
- Read & sign a Guest Waiver + fee $12.00 or ($10.00 B Prog.)
- Read & sign a Scooter’s Roller Rink Waiver.
What to Bring: Bring a water bottle, helmet & skates of course! Wrist guards or skating gloves – sliders, are optional. Please use clothing suitable for inline skating- active wear.
Club Hotline: The TISC Club Hotline will be used by the Scooters Speed Club from November 1st through April 3rd. Phone number is: 647 831- 6364. Information on cancellations due to Private Party bookings and snow storms will be announced.
- Coaches: Peter Doucet & Leo Frusteri
- Instructors: Georg Nikodym, Scott Pauley & Morgan Williams
- B Programme Coach: Jesse Pauley
Set Up & Pack Up: All members are requested to help out with the duties involved so please take a turn. The skating surface/ floor needs to be swept with a dry mop and then cleaned with a water/ vinegar mixture. Pads need to be put out and chair set up and rags moist with water & vinegar need to be out prior to the start of practice.
Changing: The washrooms are not to be used as change rooms. Please use Party Room A for men & Party Room B for women.
Arrival at Practice: Please arrive 1/2 hour before start time to be ready to begin practice on time. If there are Scooter’s Roller Rink staff on office duty when you arrive please introduce yourself & state you are there for the Speed Practice. They will admit you as long as there is a club coach or director present. Please do not arrive earlier than the 1/2 hour before start time.