ABOUT & INFO
WHAT IS THE CLUB ABOUT?
Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club is a roller & inline speed skating club. The club’s mandate includes teaching how to roller and inline speed skate properly, improving fitness, racing & tactics, and providing a safe and fun atmosphere for inline skating.
The sport of roller & inline speed skating is similar to short track speed skating. Athletes skate and race on a 100-meter track with symmetrical corners. Outdoor roller & inline speed skating is tactically similar to bicycle racing where athletes skate in larger groups (packs/ peletons) on longer tracks like 400-meter running tracks and open-road courses that can include hills (up & down), turns (left & right) and can be on a closed loop or point-to-point.
WHO SKATERS WITH THE CLUB?
Skaters of all ages and abilities skate with the Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club. This includes children for fun and play, older skaters to improve their fitness, adults looking to make friends, and racers who want to race with the world’s best!
WHAT HAPPENS A THE CLUB?
- Skating in groups- pack skating, how to draft, etiquette of skating with others, making friends, learning from others
- Going fast- sprints & speed work including relays and racing
- Technique- how to skate properly and efficiently
- How to race- skills and strategies for getting the best results, tactics like those you see in short track speed skating and bike racing
- Going long- distance & endurance
- Getting fit- improve fitness
Skaters are challenged with a fun and stimulating program.
COACHES, INSTRUCTORS, TRAINERS
Practices are run by coaches, trainers, and instructors who have relevant experience at all levels of inline & roller speed skating. Our coaches have taken speed skating coaches with Roller Sports Canada, Speed Skating Canada, and other organizations.
A group approach is used for running the program, with experienced coaches and instructors leading coaching & instructional programme.
BENEFITS OF SKATING WITH THE SCOOTER’S INDOOR SPEED CLUB
Club members have great opportunities to meet friends and other skaters.
Roller & inline speed skating is a wonderful way for skaters of all ages and abilities to enjoy themselves in a safe environment- especially during those cold winter months! Skaters of all levels and ages are welcome to come to practice. Guest fees are $12 per skate. You must wear a helmet and have skates.
WHY JOIN? ADVANTAGES!
- Network with other skaters
- Make some life-long friends
- A warm place to skate during the winter!
- Increase your fitness by having fun
- Skate in a controlled and safe environment
- Receive advice, coaching, and instruction from knowledgable and certified coaches & instructors
- Inline skating is inexpensive compared to other sports
- A family can skate together
- Games based program for children & youth