The Scooter’s Indoor Speed Club has been active in roller & inline speed skating since 1997. The club is recognized by Roller Sports Canada, which is recognized by the Canadian Olympic Committee and FIRS.
Searching for Fees and Schedules? Please look here.
WHAT IS THE CLUB ABOUT?
Inline & Roller speed skating. Our mandate includes teaching how to roller and inline speed skate properly, improving fitness, racing & tactics, and providing a safe and fun atmosphere for skating.
The sport of roller & inline speed skating is similar to short track speed skating. Athletes skate and race on a 100-meter track with symmetrical corners. Outdoor roller & inline speed skating is tactically similar to bicycle racing where athletes skate in larger groups (packs or peletons) on longer tracks like 400-meter running tracks and open-road courses that can include hills (up & down), turns (left & right) and can be on a closed loop or point-to-point.
WHO SKATES WITH THE CLUB?
Skaters of all ages and abilities. This includes children for fun and play, older skaters to improve fitness, adults looking to make friends, and racers who want to compete with the world’s best!
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE CLUB?
- Skating in groups- pack skating, how to draft, etiquette of skating with others, making friends, learning from others
- Going fast- sprints & speed work including relays and racing
- Technique- how to skate properly and efficiently
- How to race- skills and strategies for getting the best results, tactics like those you see in short track speed skating and bike racing
- Going long- distance & endurance
- Getting fit- improve fitness
Skaters are challenged with a fun and stimulating program.
COACHES, INSTRUCTORS, TRAINERS
Practices are run by coaches, trainers, and instructors who have relevant experience at all levels of inline & roller speed skating. Our experienced coaches and instructors have been trained by various local and national coaching programs from such organizations as Roller Sports Canada and Speed Skating Canada.
A group approach is used for running the program, with experienced coaches and instructors leading.
BENEFITS OF SKATING WITH THE SCOOTER’S INDOOR SPEED CLUB
Club members have great opportunities to meet friends and other skaters. Roller & inline speed skating is a wonderful way for skaters of all ages and abilities to enjoy themselves in a safe environment- especially during those cold winter months! Skaters of all levels and ages are welcome to come to practice. Guest fees are $12-$15 per skate. You must wear a helmet and have skates.
WHY JOIN? ADVANTAGES!
- Network with other skaters
– Make some life-long friends
– A warm place to skate during the winter!
– Increase your fitness by having fun
– Skate in a controlled and safe environment
– Receive advice, coaching, and instruction from knowledgable and certified coaches & instructors
– Inline skating is inexpensive compared to other sports
– A family can skate together
– Games based program for children & youth
Ready to Join? You can get forms and documentation here.
Back to HOME